Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blown off?

I just started a new job about a month ago. One of the projects I was assigned to was to help put together a survey for employees. We used the same survey we did last year and me and this other woman added some new fields (its an online survey) and I made sure it was good to go out today. There was a problem with some of the questions number's appearing which was quickly fixed. The other woman had more experience with using this survey. So now the director came out of her office went to the other woman and asked her to come into the other directors office to email it out to everyone and didn't ask me. Should I address this? Was I blown off? I have thick skin, but feel like I was slighted, it would have been nice to have seen every aspect of this project be executed, should I say something? Since I am a temp, hoping to be hired on permantlly, should I quit? I think this is sorta crappy on this directors part.

Blown off?
Is the other woman a temp too? Either way, during your temporary status--you are NOT seen as a permanent fixture. No matter what the reason they chose to go through staffing to obtain you as an employee, you are under a probationary period and you don't want to take offense to something so small. If you are hired, you will be treated as any other valuable member of the team when officially on their payroll. If the other woman is not a temp...it is definitely not crappy on her part to not include you on the final phase of the project. It would appear disloyal to her permanent employees to bring you in over them. So, when deciding whether you should quit or not, determine whether it is a company you could work for long-term or not, that is the benefit for you being a temp. You can walk away without having to put that company on your resume at all. (you only have to list the staffing agency and type of work you did as a temp) But with only a month into it, you haven't established yourself enough to take offense yet. If you want the job, do well, respect their decisions and earn their respect. Later you will be the one putting the final touches on the project. Good luck.
Reply:Well, the other woman Has been on longer than you. Don't give up a good think, sooner or later you will be in the same position as her.


No comments:

Post a Comment