Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What is the feeling to be reprimanded in a job? what are the reasons why you have been reprimanded?

i'm conducting a survey about employee's experiences who had been reprimanded. kindly specify your name, age, work/job and the full or detailed story of your not so good job experiences. pls answer me. thank you!

What is the feeling to be reprimanded in a job? what are the reasons why you have been reprimanded?
I haven't been reprimanded for a long time. When I was just starting working (still in high school, freshman), I remember some of the managers were kind of harsh. One pushed me and another girl because he didn't think we were moving quickly enough. The other girl's parents came in and yelled at him. They made her quit too. I think if you are going to reprimand an employee then that person should be treated with dignity and respect, not like a child who has done something wrong. Always take the position of the benefit of the doubt. Ask questions. Don't make assumptions. Be direct and honest. If I'm doing something wrong or should be done differently then I want someone to tell me openly and honestly. If you treat me like a child then I will start looking for another job. I won't tolerate that. I don't need to be micromanaged. I'm quite capable of doing my job well if I know what is expected and what needs to be done. I'm flexible as well. I think this goes for a lot of employees. If there is a problem, usually there is a problem with management.
Reply:I got completely hauled over the coals recently because I lost an account. I work at an email marketing company, and one particular client was basically unhappy with the way I handled things. Looking at it with an unbiassed eye, we basically hadn't communicated... I hadn't actually done anything wrong as such but she'd felt like I was neglecting her.





So she told my boss she was going elsewhere and he pulled me in for a 'chat'. I felt like dying while I was in there - it's always pretty hard to face up to your failings. He wasn't unfair in his comments, but he wasn't exactly sparing with them either. Ultimately, I have to respect his position. It didn't feel good then, and it still doesn't feel good a week or two later (even though he hasn't raised it again.)





I'm not telling you anything more personal than that (like my name) sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment