Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Question and survey about safety in the workplace?

This is in regards to record only claims at work i.e. breaking in of cars in the parking lot, missing or damaged items in a room of a hotel your are staying in. I need your help. I need public opinion.


Please help me feel out a survey and answer any or all of the following questions:


What actions could be taken to create a safer working environment (in addition to placing signs in the parking lot that say we are not responsible for missing/damanged items)?


What do you find most interesting about the topic of safety in the workplace?


Please list steps that could be implented to reduce risks (again, in addition to signs in parking lots)?


How could new employees be trained in order to instill safety involvement?

Question and survey about safety in the workplace?
The training you are after is "Parental Training". If a person hasn't been trained from infancy to be respectful of other peoples property then there is nothing you can do about it now. As for safety, people must recognize the dangers and understand that they are not immune to accidents either in the work place or anywhere else. When someone disregards safety it usually is because they don't think they can (or will) get hurt.





I took down a tree last year, and I made sure I wasn't going to fall out of the tree. I used safety harnesses and fall protective lanyards. While I didn't need to use them, they were there just in case a limb knocked me down. I knew I could fall, so I took precautions. People who don't think they are going to fall don't look out for pitfalls. That's usually when things go wrong.





Kudos to you for being concerned over these matters. Unfortunately, the powers that be need to take a positive stand on these issues. Until then, there is little more you can do but keep yourself safe and secure.





Good luck with that. :)
Reply:do you want safety or security?


No comments:

Post a Comment