Saturday, November 19, 2011

You are a new employee, do you want to stay?

Please tell me what would "make it or break it" for you as a new employee.


What are the attributes that would make you stay with a company or decide to leave.


I am dealing with a high turnover and structural issues at the moment and would like a "public survey" of what things are important to them in a job. Think of yourself as the brand new person on the job, and then tell me what you expect, and if your expectations fail, when you would leave or what would make that final decison for you to leave.


Thank you!

You are a new employee, do you want to stay?
Well, as a former, and successful, retail store manager, I can tell you that people want to be treated well, more than anything else. People want to know that their manager respects them as a person.





My formula for the 98% retention rate at my store was simple...I treated my employees with respect AND, I never ever made anyone do anything that I wouldn't do myself...including cleaning the public bathrooms in my store.





I got amazing results from my employees because they knew I cared about them and I rarely had any problems getting folks motivated to perform.


No comments:

Post a Comment