Saturday, November 19, 2011

How seriously do stores like Target and Walmart take their customer surveys?

The ones that are on the bottom of your receipts with the websight link. If you complain about a particular store departmet or employee is it taken seriously?

How seriously do stores like Target and Walmart take their customer surveys?
I will tell you my Walmart horror story and how I "solved the problem". I went to Walmart and was putting my infant son in the car when a "cult like" church group approached me pinned me in at the door of my car. They had bright blue t-shirts on and flyers for there church. I really did not listen to what they had to say just asked them to leave. I locked my car doors picked up my cell phone and called inside the store using the store number on my receipt. I called inside the store where I spoke with an associate who said "We know they are there and besides you are the only one to complain." Then she hung up. I went home and called Walmart corporate got thought to someone 45 minutes later who took my complaint down and told me a supervisor would call. Fifteen minutes later the supervisor called and apologized and begged me not to sue. The next day the store manager called begged me not to sue and told me the employee who I complained about was no longer with the company. I also never saw a church group in the parking lot after that point and Walmart put signs up all over the parking lot stating "No soliciting in parking lot." So I would say calling the corporate office is pretty effective. I did call on a Tuesday afternoon, however. I think they take customer service very seriously if not they would not pay an outside company for input. If you are trying to complain about a serious problem I would call direct and not to the store manager.
Reply:I've noticed that they conduct surveys through mailings, usually to their credit card customers, and through telephone surveys. This is very beneficial for them and cost effective. Sometimes, they have the customers telephone a number on the bottom of their sales receipts. This works well also. If I were going to complain about a specific store department or employee, I would contact the main library in my city. Then they will give you the updated information as to whom the present CEO is. Once you "certify" a letter to that person or even the President, you will get results. Dealing with the Customer Service Department, most often, is a b.s. situation. Peace, Love and God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment